Services to the public

Treasury Services for private users

The Treasury Service is performed only in favour of the Public Administration; however, it is possible to contact the counter of the Central Bank in the following cases:

  • extension of validity, change of the beneficiary and new issuance of the Drawer/Receipt cheques issued by the Central Bank;
  • payment of the collection vouchers issued by the Entities;
  • payment of overdue tax collection notices;
  • collections on expropriations by the State.

Drawer and Receipt cheques (T/Q):

  • Extension of validity and reissuing in case of loss/theftSome payments by the PA are made by forwarding by mail to the beneficiary a Drawers/Receipt cheque with a validity of 60 days. During this period, the Drawer/Receipt cheques may be cashed at any bank's counter.
    When the cheques expire, in order to cash them, the beneficiary must call at the counter of the Treasury Service with the evidence of debts and proof of identity and request the extension of its validity.
    The Drawer/Receipt cheques are characterised by their "non tranferability" and, thus, may be paid only to the beneficiary. In case of theft or loss, in order to obtain the issuance of a new cheque and have the lost or stolen cheque blocked, a specific denunciation must filed with the police and, subsequently, the beneficiary must call at the counter of the Treasury Service bringing a copy of the denunciation to the police and proof of identity.
  • Cancelled cheque
    If the beneficiary of a cheque, issued by the CBSM on behalf of the entity, does not present the title for collection within 2 years from its date of issue, the cheque shall be cancelled and the relevant amount credited back to the Entity that ordered the payment. In this case, the beneficiary must go to the Directorate General of Public Finance, if the cheque was issued by the Most Excellent Chamber, or to the Administrative Office of the issuing Entity, in all other cases, to request that the cheque be re-issued.

Payments by the user

If no payment notice has been received or if such notice has gone astray, it is possible to call directly at a counter of any bank in the Republic of San Marino and make the payment using the specific forms available at such counter.

In order to facilitate the regular payment, the utmost attention should be paid when filling in the form, including the correct references and, specifically, the correct area code and reason for the payment. Absent any such form, the payment may be made also by bank transfer, specifying the correct area code and reason for the payment.

The users are encouraged to always pay the utmost attention to the expiry date (if any) specified on the payment models sent by the Public Offices. Any payment made after the expiry date specified on the notice may lead to the application of sanctions and/or default interest, and may be rejected by the Entit.

Direct Debit

For convenience, it is possible to pay the utilities in favour of the Public Entities by instructing your bank to effect a pre-authorised debit (direct debit). The different types of utilities and the procedures for the direct debits are listed below:




Utilities for Electricity, Water, Gas, Environmental Tax, Municipal Waste Collection A.A.S.S. at your bank
Cartella Unica delle Tasse (Single tax bill) State Tax Department at your bank
School Meal Services – Elementary Schools Elementary Schools Directorate

Elementary Schools Directorate

School Meal Services – Kindergartens Kindergartens Directorate Kindergartens Directorate
School Meal Services – Nurseries Nurseries Directorate Nurseries Directorate
Contributions for employees (Caregivers) ISS

ISS - Accounting Office

Retirement ISS ISS - Accounting Office
Home Care for the Elderly ISS ISS - Accounting Office
Centre for the disabled "I colori del grano" ISS ISS - Accounting Office
Centre "Il Libeccio" ISS ISS - Accounting Office

Payments by bank transfer

Absent any appropriate forms or in case of settlement of payment notice from Italy or any other foreign countries, it is possible to pay by means of bank transfer. To request the national or international bank details, please contact the Treasury Department.

Tel: 0549 88.2340 (from Italy) + 378 88.2340 (from other countries)


To ensure regular settlement of the payment, the reasons for the payment must specify the correct area code and reason of the tax being paid.

Payments arranged by Entities and by Autonomous Authorities in favour of private users

Within the scope of the Sole Treasury Service, the CBSM follows the execution of the payments ordered by the Public Entities, including the salaries of public employees, pensions, refunds of taxes and levies, contributions, subsidies, etc.

Payment procedures and the information related to the beneficiary are transmitted by Entity to the Central Bank; the latter may in no way modify such information other than as instructed by the Entity itself.

The payment procedures used by the Public Administration are:

  • bank transfer;
  • Drawer/Receipt cheque.

The beneficiary of the payment is informed of the payment made by means of a written notice sent by mail.

Payments of salaries/pensions

The salaries of the employees of the State and of the Public Entities, and all pensions, are paid through the Treasury Service upon instructions from the relevant Entities, with value date the 27th day of the reference month, if it is not a festivity. The salaries of the Autonomous State Authority for Public Works are paid with value date the 10th day of the month following that of reference, if it is not a festivity. If the 27 or 10 of the month fall on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, the funds will be credited on the first preceding business day.

It is worth noting that the bank transfer represents the simplest and safest payment instrument, and thus the beneficiaries of Drawer/Receipt cheques are invited to ask the Entity to change the method to collect their compensations. Any change in the personal details or any different bank details must be notified by the beneficiary directly to the public office responsible for the payments of the compensation.

State Treasury